This study, conducted by Staples, included over 500 Canadian employees.
The report covers a wide range of topics and is well worth reading if you're interested in what's happening in Canadian work trends. It includes a surprise section on what employees want and expect from their facility managers and how they feel about their offices.
Highlights of the Facilities Management (FM) section:
- 82% of employees feel their FM plays a role in their success
- 59% say FMs are underappreciated
- 65% say the FMs role should be strategic and they should be given maximum resources to get their job done
- Only 29% of employers offer agile seating
- 38% work in open space, 38% work in semi-open space, and 23% work in mostly closed offices
- 66% spend some of their time working outside the office. Of those 48% sometime work at home and 17% sometimes work in co-working spaces
- 48% say the look and feel of the office space is a major factor in selecting an employer
Other topics covered in the study include:
- Workplace distractions
- Health and wellness
- Seasonal and vacation habits