Employees are eager to embrace retraining—and companies need to seize this as a competitive opportunity.
It would be impossible to do justice to this article in a few paragraphs but here are the key takeaways:
– Six categories of disruption of the future of work:
– Accelerating Technological Change
– Growing Demand for Skills
– Changing Employee Expectations
– Shifting Labor Demographics
– Transitioning Work Models
– Evolving Business Environment
– Employees are better than leaders at focusing on what these disruptors will mean to them
– Employees are eager for re-skilling. They feel it’s their responsibility, not their employers or the governments. Still they’re worried about how.
– Employers think otherwise. They think employees are resistant.
– Employees are worried about freelancers and contractors taking their jobs