Capital One asked 2,500 full-time office professionals about what workplace features were most important to them.
Survey results point to need for flexibility:
- 82% said workplace design influences innovation
- 82% said they have their best ideas in flexible workspaces
- 57% said their workplace does not support innovation
- 71% said workplace design is as important or more important than location when choosing an employer
- Most wanted design elements are natural light and art
- On-site food and beverages are more important than fitness facilities or even, surprisingly, quiet spaces.
Finding the right balance between working from home and logging time at the office requires the right insight.
Everyone seems to try to make this a polar argument. The research is clearly showing a mix of working at home or a third place works best when combined with time in the office.