The naysayers said telecommuterers would scuttle back to the office during these tough economic times, but US Census data shows that’s didn’t happen.
We compared the 2005 data to just-released 2010 work-at-home numbers and the percent of employees that “worked primarily at home” increased in every category (for-profit, non-profit, state, fed, local).
No surprise, the self-employed numbers went down. When things get tough the economic inertia of a big company is nice to have to back you up.
- NonSEWAH is regular office employees, the non-self-employed non-work at home folks
- SE Total is total self-employed
- SE WAH is self-employed who work at home
- WAH is everyone who works at home, self-employed and employees
- WAH NonSE is employees who at home, the non-self-employed people who work at home
14 Mar 2019 - scoops