by Kate Lister
Filter bubbles are a problem for democracy. We believe they’re a problem for creativity, too.
From IDEO: Escape Your Filter Bubble and Enhance Your Creativity
- Talk to strangers – Bill Murray’s recommends conversations with cab drivers
- Unfollow people like you – it will open your eyes to other perspectives
- Join a different demographic – Bingo anyone?
- Volunteer – It brings you eye to eye with people you don’t usually hang with (and it will make you feel good)
From Fast Company: Expunge these three phrases from the conversation:
- Best Practices – By the time they’re ‘best’ they’re stale
- Return on Investment – Yahoo turned down an offer to buy Google for $1M because it didn’t pencil out
- “When I worked for …” – It’s so yesterday
24 Apr 2020 - Curated News
Internal survey show federal telework recall has devastated morale and failed to increase collaboration or productivity
03 Dec 2019 - scoops