- Office hoteling
- Desk sharing
- Activity-based work settings
- Executive offices/co-working
- Open floorplans
- Flex options:
- Compressed workweek
- Job sharing
- Part time work
- Flex time
Our research has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Washington Post, and hundreds of other publications.
Our models have been used by U.S., U.K., and Canadian organizational and community leaders to quantify the extent to which workplace flexibility can:
- Save money
- Reduce work-life conflict
- Increase employee engagement
- Increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover
- Reduce absenteeism
- Increase productivity
- Reduce healthcare costs
- Reduce greenhouse gases and petroleum usage
- Reduce highway congestion and traffic accidents
- Improve disaster preparedness
Pro vs. Free Workplace Savings Calculator™
The pro version of our Workplace Savings Calculator™ includes over 100 customizable variables and over 600 calculations. It allows us to model the impact of a wide variety of alternative workplace strategies for public and private sector employees. While that model is only available to our clients, in the interest of helping organizations understand just how much workplace change can impact people, planet and profits, we’ve made three of our models available free to the public. All are based on the same robust research that power our pro models.
Each of the free calculators are specific to telework.
The one at the bottom of this page allows users to quantify the benefits of home-based work for the whole U.S., individual states, counties, congressional districts, metro areas, or cities. The results are based on U.S. Census data that we’ve coupled with our synthesis of industry research on the bottom-line impact of telework.
The second free model is a lite version of our professional Pro Workplace Savings Calculator™. It allows users to quantify the individual, organizational, or environmental impact of private sector telework based on just a few of their own assumptions.
The third free model is a lite version of our Pro Federal Telework Savings Calculator™. It has been customized to model telework within federal government agencies.
Click on the following for:
- Information on the research behind our workplace savings models
- Details about and screenshots of our Pro Workplace Savings Calculator™
- Information on our consulting services
- Our Lite Telework Savings Calculator™
- Our Lite Federal Telework Savings Calculator™
- Our free white papers