Help develop, deploy, and optimize your remote/hybrid workplace strategy and help establish the new workplace practices and processes to support it (i.e. team norms, asynchronous communications, equity and inclusion, tech provisioning, tax/regulatory compliance)
Evaluate leadership, stakeholder, and operational readiness for remote/hybrid using surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc.
Develop and provide communications around the employer, employee, and environmental business case for workplace change
Work with HR, IT, Real Estate, Facilities, and other functional areas to evaluate, develop, and roll out your new workplace program
Evaluate opportunities for space optimization through activity-based working, unassigned seating, hoteling, co-working, design improvements, etc.
Develop and deploy change management to smooth the transition to new ways of working (i.e. training, coaching, communications, town halls, train the trainer, etc.)
Evaluate existing workplace policies and practices and recommend improvements
Help evaluate and evolve your in-office and virtual workplace experience.
Provide best practice advice for remote, hybrid, flexible, and distributed work
Help evaluate workplace technology needs and provide introductions to trusted providers (i.e. occupancy sensors, utilization studies, facilities management systems, meeting and desk reservation systems, etc.)
Help establish goals and objectives for your workplace change initiative and metrics for success
Deliver Board and stakeholder presentations
We have worked with initiatives in Washington state, California, Texas, Maryland, Los Angeles, Calgary, and others.
“The Capitol Campus Telework project provided an opportunity to work with Global Workplace Analytics once again. Kate not only updated our 2013 Bottom Line/Business Case for telework, but also wrote and reviewed chapters of the report, and provided excellent guidance and connections to resources to support the project. Our regional elected officials and statewide boards gave glowing reviews of her presentations. They found the information she provided to be timely and credible and her presentation style accessible. As we move forward with other modern work place initiatives, Kate will continue to be our first phone call for information and guidance about the current state of telework and remote work and hybrid solutions in both the public and private sectors because her work is backed by solid research.”
Why Global Workplace Analytics?
- We are widely regarded as one of the nation’s top authorities on telecommuting and remote work.
- We know what works and what doesn’t.
- We have the respect of and access to an extensive network of global experts who have led transitions with some of the largest public and private sector employers in the world.
- Our reputation and experience will afford your program the credibility it will need to secure funding and deliver results.
In addition, we have:
- Testified before Congress on the post-pandemic future of telework in the federal government
- Co-authored an e-learning course called The Case for Change which has been used to transition over a hundred thousand public and private sector employees to remote and flexible work.
- Written or contributed to two books on the topic, the most recent of which, “Telework in the 21st Century” (Edward Elgin, 2019), profiles telework practices around the globe (Kate was selected to write the U.S. chapter).
- Published a wide range of white papers on the topic including two specific to telework in the federal government.
- Participated, as an invited expert, in a federal government round-table on the ROI of telework.
- Delivered speeches and conducted workshops about remote work for dozens of private-sector employers, government agencies, industry associations, and advocacy groups.